The student news site of Hollywood Hills High School

Spartan Times

xXx Return of Xander Cage Review

Ivan Rapallo

Xander Cage was an interesting movie to say the least. Budgeting at 85 million dollars they had a lot to work with, now before I get into anything this article may contain spoilers so if you want to watch the movie un spoiled don’t read this. (You’ve been warned.) Here is the synopsis by Rotten Tomatoes “The third explosive chapter of the blockbuster franchise that redefined the spy thriller finds extreme athlete turned government operative Xander Cage (Vin Diesel) coming out of self-imposed exile and on a collision course with deadly alpha warrior Xiang and his team in a race to recover a sinister and seemingly unstoppable weapon known as Pandora’s Box. Recruiting an all-new group of thrill-seeking cohorts, Xander finds himself enmeshed in a deadly conspiracy that points to collusion at the highest levels of world governments. Packed with the series’ signature deadpan wit and bad attitude, “xXx: RETURN OF XANDER CAGE” will raise the bar on extreme action with some of the most mind-blowing stunts to ever be caught on film.” Now going into this movie my expectations were not very high. Although they have good actors and a decent budget, they managed to ruin what could’ve been a good movie tremendously. How do you make a hit film? It’s simple, you cast some of the biggest actors in Hollywood add senseless action scenes that defy physics (like Vin Diesel riding a motorcycle on water or skating on the side of the bus) and audiences are bound to go crazy, right? I have never been a fan of any of the XXX films but this one I watched for Deepika. But “Oh My God”  what was I thinking? This film is awful beyond measure. There is nothing to watch. I mean it’s the same thing you must have seen at least a hundred times by now. Same clichéd story, same mindless action sequences and people reading their lines like they are mannequins who have been brought to life by some magic. Even the origami did a way better job in Kubo and the two strings and they are made out of paper, mind you. I warn you don’t waste your money on this awful experience just buy a Netflix subscription like everyone else.

According to variety.com  “Vin Diesel Says Paramount Wants Another ‘xXx’ Movie”