College Comes to Campus

Back to Article
Back to Article

College Comes to Campus

Kateryna Miroshnichenko, Staff Writer

On February 2nd, 2019, Hollywood Hills hosted a College Fair. Unfortunately, it was also “take your child to work day, so not everyone was here to attend. While the Fair was small, it was very diverse.  There were not public universities such as Universities of Florida, UCF, FIU, and Ohio State University, but also some private universities from other states like North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Vermont. These schools are looking for diversity, so they were eager to entice students from South Florida to apply.

Sometimes representatives were standing alone just waiting for a student to come speak with them.  Next time there is a college fair, don’t be afraid to go up to the representatives and ask them questions.  You never know; something they will say may touch your heart or interest you very much! These are the people who will read your application. Try to impress them! Show your interest, and who knows, maybe they will remember you when will get to your application.

Think about what it is you want to know about the school and what you want them to know about you.  Then when you ask questions, the conversation will flow much more comfortable.  For students who were able to attend, they surely got a great deal out of the day.